Preston Pohl working in the studio on his upcoming single.
Grey getting ready for The Voice season 5 finale.
Jacksonville's two Top 20 contestants from The Voice are appearing in the show's season finale this Monday and Tuesday. Preston Pohl and Grey were both on Coach Adam's team, but were voted off the show November 7, one week before the Top 10.
Pohl, who has lived in St. Augustine since 2004, says leaving the show "was tough to swallow at first, but I'm OK with it now." The show was a boost to his ten-year music career.
"It's going to be awesome singing on live TV again," says Pohl. "This time there is no pressure because I'm off the show. I get to really enjoy it and have fun."
He is excited to see his Voice family and believes, "Whoever wins would be the best artist to win The Voice so far."
Both local contestants will be in contact with First Coast News during the two-day finale of The Voice. You can post your questions for them in our comment section below, on Facebook or Twitter.
Here are Pohl's answers to questions fans asked on FCN social media this weekend.
• Has Adam kept in touch? (from Michelle Miller) "Yes, a little bit. Just a few texts."
• How has life changed? (from Becky Hartfield) "I have a lot more fans now and that's key; love having people that care for music and my voice."
• What inspired you to go on the Voice? (from Monique Jackson) "I just needed a change; was ready to get out of the bar scene."
• Will you perform in Jacksonville? (Amy Jo Flack) "Yes, I would love to! When I book a tour, Jacksonville will definitely be a stop."
• Will you sing at a 5K run benefiting K9 for Warriors on March 1? It's the Funk N Run -- www.funknrun.com? (from Alison Williams) "I wish I could, but I will be in California."
• Will you marry me? (from Ebony Hope) Possibly, lol.
Pohl has been working hard in Nashville, Tn. on an original single that will be released on December 31 and available at online music outlets. The title for the song will remain a secret for now.
"I haven't been so pumped about my song like this before," Pohl said.
Dec. 20, Pohl will be back in St. Augustine, Fla. performing his first post Voice concert at The Standard. The show begins at 8 p.m. with Samuel Sanders as the opening act.
STORY: Pohl returns to St. Augustine for his first performance after The Voice to thank local fans
"St. Augustine has been there through it all for me," says Pohl. "I cannot wait to have my first show there. It feels great and I look forward to it."
After the first of the year, Pohl will be back at work on his album in Nashville. He's planning a five extended play (EP) CD, but says, "You never know what could happen once the show is over."
First Coast News